Sunday, January 5, 2014

France Coat Of Arms FDC (YT #951) from 1953

My father collects France and when I was a little kid (and before I started to collect stamps) I was fascinated by France's coat of arm stamps. Nothing to do with history or heraldry. As a 7 year old I was just finding them pretty. And there we so many issues of them.

Here's a pair on a FDC. I got this one (and a few others coat of arms FDC's) in a large lot of French first day covers I bought a couple of years ago. Some of these are quite nice looking and make for a nice colorful collection.

If you want a kid to grow interest in philately I'd say these are pretty cool. He can learn about the meaning of each coat of arms (that mean a bit of knights and armor in the mix since most of them come from the medieval period).

And anything's better than Mickey Mouse CTO stamps from Sand Dunes don't you think?

Yvert et Tellier #951 on FDC: Picardie region coat of arms stamps and woman dress in folkloric clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment