Monday, December 30, 2013

1944 Propanganda Stamps Exhibition Cover From france




I bought this cover a few years back because I love nice covers and this one appealed to me. I ended up selling it back to make room/money for my Canadian advertising covers collection.

It is a cover for a 1944 propaganda philatelic exhibition in France. Propaganda stamps exhibitions were very popular in Europe, especially in Germany and France, in the first half of the 20th century. 

Stamps were used as a cheap propaganda support. Either officially, or unofficially as forgeries/counterfeits (a well known example are the Petain forgeries made by the french resistance).

Propaganda stamps exhibition covers make an interesting collection, quite affordable. It can be completed with related labels / poster stamps.



Propaganda Philatelic exhibition 1944 Cover


No comments:

Post a Comment