Friday, December 13, 2013

Ebay Collections: My Canadian Advertising Covers "WANT"

Have you clicked recently on an eBay user's name? If not, try it. You'll get to a page where the collections, followers, reviews and guides are listed. This page can be personalized. As an eBay member, you can follow who ever you want and their updates (new collection, new followers etc) will show on your eBay homepage feed.

I love the new eBay "collections" feature that is part of the revamp profile page. It's like a Pinterest style boards only for eBay items. You can create topic boards and add eBay items to them. As a seller, it may, in the long run, gives you more exposure if people add some of your items to their collections, especially if their boards attract a lot of followers and views.

As a buyer, you can use these boards to do more useful and organized wish lists. I have started one for Canadian advertising covers. Whenever I run across a cover I'd like, I just add it to my board and when I have some money to spend,  I browse my own boards and select a few items to buy. It's more visual and organized than the current watch list. And I have already bought a few items (so I guess it's working for the sellers!). The only problem  is that sold items stay on your boards so it's not perfect if you plan on using these  as a buyer's wish list. But on the other hands keeping the sold items make these board more attractive in the long run.

Here's the board:

Canadian Advertising Covers Board





Currently, there is no way to see if someone added one of your product to their collection, maybe that will change because it could be an interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment